Aprilaire 800 - Residential Automatic Steam Humidifier
Introducing the Aprilaire Model 800 - Residential Steam Humidification Done Right.
Aprilaire has tested, refined and made certain the model 800 delivers Aprilaire world-class quality. Aprilaire and Dri-Steem - leaders in residential and commercial humidifiation - have joined forces to bring you the first residential steam humidifier that delivers on its promises. Aprilaire, your Partners in Comfort, is the brand you can trust for product reliability and proven design. Aprilaire understands the importance of your reputation and delivers a product that proves it.
The Aprilaire Model 800 Steam Humidifier is a self-contained device that takes tap water and boils it, using electrode technology, to create steam. The humidifier generates steam by energizing two electrodes that extend into a canister of water. Current flowing between the electrodes causes the water to boil, creating steam. The steam flows through a steam hose and is injected into a moving airstream by the way of a distribution tube. The steam flows out of the distribution tube into the duct work through a series of small “tubelets” which create an even, drip-free transfer of steam into the moving airstream. Using Dri-Steem’s (who is the world’s leading expert on steam) dispersion tube and “tubelet” technology, only the hottest, driest steam is introduced into the duct.
Product Features Overview
- Quality and Reliability Proven design using electrode technology perfected by Dri-Steem ® a subsidiary of Research Products
- Easy to Install Remote or duct mount with no additional accessories
- Easy to Maintain No cleaning or scrubbing, simply remove canister and replace
- Dispersion and Absorption Steam dispersion technology, ensures proper dispersion into the air, preventing condensation in duct
- No Accessories Required Water filtration not needed even in most difficult conditions. Control, dispersion tube, steam hose and drain tube included in the box
Product Specifications Overview
- Humidifier Technology: Electrode
- Electrical Information:
- @ 120V - 1.4 kW, 11.5 gal/day, 11.5 Amps
- @ 208V - 2.4 kW, 20.5 gal/day, 11.5 Amps
- @ 240V - 2.8 kW, 23.3 gal/day, 11.5 Amps
- Humidifier Unit Operating Weight: 23 lbs.
- Humidifier Unit Dimensions: 10-1/8"W x 20-7/8"H x 7-1/8"D
- Water Filtration: None required
- Mounting: Plenum or remote (remote mount kit included with unit)
- Remote Blower: Yes
- Cleaning Instructions: Simply replace canister
- Variable Speed Blower Compatible: Yes
- Downflow Furnace Compatible: Yes
- Duct Humidity Sensor: Yes
- Recurring Revenue: Yes
- Warranty: 5 Year
- See specification sheet below for complete details
Basic Installation Overview
- Materials Furnished: Humidifier, Automatic Digital Humidifier Control, Dispersion Tube, Steam Hose (6 ft.), 7/8" I.D. Drain Tubing (10 ft.), Hose Clamps, Saddle Valve, Mounting Screws
- Not Furnished: Main Power Disconnect Switch, Wiring, 1/4" O.D. Supply Water Tubing, Boards for Mounting (if required)
Available Accessories for the Model 800
- Aprilaire 850 - Power Blower Fan Pack For Model 800 Steam Humidifier
Additional Product Literature
Warranty Disclaimer (Please Read Before Purchasing)
Your Research Products Corporation Aprilaire® humidifier unit is expressly warranted for five (5) years from date of installation to be free from defects in materials or workmanship except, however, for the disposable steam canister which will have to be replaced from time to time depending upon the amount of use. Research Products Corporation’s exclusive obligation under this warranty shall be to supply, without charge, a replacement for any part of the humidifier which is found to be defective within such five (5) year period and which is returned not later than thirty (30) days after said five (5) year period by you to either your original supplier or to Research Products Corporation, Madison, Wisconsin 53701, together with the model number and installation date of the humidifier.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT OBLIGATE RESEARCH PRODUCTS CORPORATION FOR ANY LABOR COSTS AND SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP OR MATERIALS FURNISHED BY YOUR INSTALLER AS CONTRASTED TO DEFECTS IN THE HUMIDIFIER ITSELF. IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE AFORESAID FIVE YEAR PERIOD. RESEARCH PRODUCTS CORPORATION’S LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OTHER THAN DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF THE AFORESAID IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS VOID IF DEFECT(S) RESULT FROM FAILURE TO HAVE THIS UNIT INSTALLED BY A QUALIFIED HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING CONTRACTOR. IF THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS VOID DUE TO FAILURE TO USE A QUALIFIED CONTRACTOR, ALL DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SHALL BE EFFECTIVE UPON INSTALLATION.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above exclusion or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Additonal Product Images